Littlecote: The English Civil War Armoury
The Littlecote House armoury is the most important surviving armoury of the English Civil Wars. This volume contains a history of the armoury and an account of how the collection, threatened by dispersion at auction, was saved for the British nation in the 1980s. It includes a full catalogue of the contents of the armoury, featuring the single most important group of mid-17th century English military guns in existence and the largest surviving group of buff leather equipment in the world.
- The only published catalogue of the most important surviving armoury of the English Civil Wars
- Authors are international experts on European firearms and armour
- Key audience will be international firearms, edged weapons and armour specialists
- Ideal for students and researchers of seventeenth-century Britain
Authors: Thom Richardson and Graeme Rimer
Imprint: Trustees of the Royal Armouries
Date of publication:
ISBN: 978 0 94809 268 8
Trim size: 275x218mm
Binding style: Hardback
Details of illustration: 400 Black and White Illustrations
- Select a delivery option at the checkout. We offer standard, insured and express options. Please note: express delivery is only available on UK orders.
- Charges are calculated depending on location and weight (for international orders).
- More information on our "Delivery & Returns" page.
How do I return my order?
To initiate the returns process, contact the Royal Armouries retail team using the contact details in the footer of this website. We will then issue you with a returns authorisation number, which we ask you to keep a note of and include with the returned items. Once we have received the returned items, we will begin the refund process, taking into consideration the condition of the returned products.