From the earliest times, the finest craftsmen in the world created beautiful objects for their wealthiest patrons. Worn by kings and coveted by emperors, these items not only revealed the owners’ power but also their standing as great connoisseurs of the arts.
Dangerous Arts reveals a world that combines art with conflict, death with beauty. Replete with gorgeous photography, it showcases objects that adorned the great palaces, tournament fields and parade grounds of the world. These are objects made to kill but also to impress: a magnificent testament to craftsmanship, engineering and high fashion.
With an introduction by Senior Curator Karen Watts, the book explores:
- Power, Pomp and Privilege
- Artists, Designers and Craftsmen
- Gifts, Goodwill and Gratitude
- Conflict, Commerce and Culture
Publication date: 1st August 2017
Dimensions: 190x165 mm
No. of pages: 96
Binding style: Hardback with Half Jacket
Details of illustrations: 90 illustrations
Date: 10th April 2017
Dimensions: 20 x 17cm
- Select a delivery option at the checkout. We offer standard, insured and express options. Please note: express delivery is only available on UK orders.
- Charges are calculated depending on location and weight (for international orders).
- More information on our "Delivery & Returns" page.
How do I return my order?
To initiate the returns process, contact the Royal Armouries retail team using the contact details in the footer of this website. We will then issue you with a returns authorisation number, which we ask you to keep a note of and include with the returned items. Once we have received the returned items, we will begin the refund process, taking into consideration the condition of the returned products.