King Henry VIII hunting dagger — Royal Armouries collection
A Royal Armouries Collection replica of a traditional dagger belonging to Henry VIII, which was probably used for hunting. It has a long, hallow-ground, single-edged blade, which is decorated with etchings of roses and pomegranates.
These were the badges of both King Henry and his first wife, Katherine of Aragon, which dates the dagger to approximately 1510-1520, the first decade of Henry's reign. The dagger has a wooden grip with a steel pommel and ferrule, which is far more modern, dated 1960.
The design and production of this top quality reproduction is something to behold. Our expert curators have been consulted through the entire process, to ensure that the appearance and materials used are as close as possible to the real piece.
This exquisite dagger with fine etched detail would make a beautiful display piece. Alternatively, due to its highly accurate nature, this Tudor hunting dagger is ideal for use during period re-enactments and would add an authentic detail to any costume.
- These weapons have a blunted edge and are designed for display purposes only.
- We Age Verify all blade purchases and may contact you for proof of age. Please be aware that under UK law you must be aged 18 or over to purchase any of our blades.
Age Restrictions: 18+
Brand: Royal Armouries
Museum Number: X.39
Material: Steel and Wood
Additional Notes: Approved by Royal Armouries curators.
Total Length: 46cm
Cross-Guard Width: 6.8cm
Blade Width (Base): 2cm
- Select a delivery option at the checkout. We offer standard, insured and express options. Please note: express delivery is only available on UK orders.
- Charges are calculated depending on location and weight (for international orders).
- More information on our "Delivery & Returns" page.
How do I return my order?
To initiate the returns process, contact the Royal Armouries retail team using the contact details in the footer of this website. We will then issue you with a returns authorisation number, which we ask you to keep a note of and include with the returned items. Once we have received the returned items, we will begin the refund process, taking into consideration the condition of the returned products.