Richard the Lionheart sword
Son of Henry II and King of England 1189-99, Richard I was known as a very powerful king, a chivalrous knight, and a fearless warrior. He was called Coeur de Lion or Richard the Lionheart.
Bad weather drove him ashore near Venice and he was imprisoned by Duke Leopold of Austria before being handed over to the German emperor Henry VI, who ransomed him for the huge sum of 150,000 marks. Once released Richard returned to England and was crowned for a second time. Yet a month later he went to Normandy, never to return. While besieging the castle of Châlus in central France he was fatally wounded and died on 6 April 1199.
- These weapons have a blunted edge and are designed for display purposes only.
- We Age Verify all blade purchases and may contact you for proof of age. Please be aware that under UK law you must be aged 18 or over to purchase any of our blades.
Packaging Dimensions: Approx. 117cm x 28cm x 6cm
Total Length: 112cm
Cross-Guard Width: 24cm
Blade Width (Base): 5cm
- Select a delivery option at the checkout. We offer standard, insured and express options. Please note: express delivery is only available on UK orders.
- Charges are calculated depending on location and weight (for international orders).
- More information on our "Delivery & Returns" page.
How do I return my order?
To initiate the returns process, contact the Royal Armouries retail team using the contact details in the footer of this website. We will then issue you with a returns authorisation number, which we ask you to keep a note of and include with the returned items. Once we have received the returned items, we will begin the refund process, taking into consideration the condition of the returned products.