Ivanhoe is a historical fiction novel by Sir Walter Scott in 1819, and set in 12th Century England, The main character Wilfred of Ivanhoe is a knight and son of Cedric the Saxon.
Ivanhoe is sometimes credited for increasing interest in Romanticism and Medievalism; John Henry Newman claimed Scott "had first turned men's minds in the direction of the middle ages," while Carlyle and Ruskin made similar claims to Scott's overwhelming influence over the revival based primarily on the publication of this novel.
Ivanhoe maintains many of the basic elements of a great romantic novel including a quest, a chivalric setting, and the overthrowing of a corrupt social order in order to bring on a time of happiness.
This beautiful sword features stunning metal work, an antiqued brass pommel with lions head motif and guard. The grip is wire-wrapped and the blade is polished Toledan steel.
- These weapons have a blunted edge and are designed for display purposes only
- Please be aware that under UK law you must be aged 18 or over to purchase any of our blades.
Age Restrictions: 18 years+
Material: Stainless Steel and Brass
Total Length: 104cm
Blade Length: 83cm
Blade Width (Base): 3.8cm
- Select a delivery option at the checkout. We offer standard, insured and express options. Please note: express delivery is only available on UK orders.
- Charges are calculated depending on location and weight (for international orders).
- More information on our "Delivery & Returns" page.
How do I return my order?
To initiate the returns process, contact the Royal Armouries retail team using the contact details in the footer of this website. We will then issue you with a returns authorisation number, which we ask you to keep a note of and include with the returned items. Once we have received the returned items, we will begin the refund process, taking into consideration the condition of the returned products.