The Battle of Agincourt
Edited by Anne Curry and Malcolm Mercer.
In commemoration of the 600 year of the Battle of Agincourt this 328 page hardback book has been published by Yale University Press in partnership with the Royal Armouries. The prestigious list of contributors to this comprehensive and sumptuously decorated volume includes the Royal Armouries own renowned curators Dr Malcolm Mercer (Curator of Tower History), Dr Thom Richardson (Duty Master), Karen Watts (Senior Curator of Armour & Art), Robert C. Woosnam Savage (Curator of European Edged Weapons) and Philip Lankester (Curator Emeritus).
The Battle of Agincourt provides a defining reassessment of England's legendary victory on the fields of Agincourt on 25th October 1415 – a triumph that changed the course of the Hundred Years War and Britain's relationship with her long time enemy, France.
This volume provides a comprehensive examination from a wide range of leading experts of arguably the most iconic military engagement of the medieval era – Agincourt.
Contents include the following articles:
- An introduction by Professor Anne Curry and Dr Malcolm Mercer
- Map: The routes of the English and French armies in 1415
- Henry V and the Hundred Years War by Professor Christopher Allmand
- The Kingdom of France on the Eve of the Battle of Agincourt by Professor Bertrand Schnerb
- Chivalry, Piety and Conduct by Professor Matthew Stickland
- St George and St Denis by Dr Jenny Stratford
- Henry V and the Tower of London by Dr Malcolm Mercer
- Preparing for War by Professor Anne Curry
- The Battle of Agincourt by Dr Matthew Bennett
- Armour at the Time of Agincourt by Dr Thom Richardson and Karen Watts
- 'All Kinds of Weapons': the Weapons of Agincourt by Robert C. Woosnam Savage
- English Flags and Banners at Agincourt by Dr Thom Richardson and Professor Anne Curry
- The French Army at the Battle and its Commanders by Professor Anne Curry, Dr Guilhem Pépin and Dr Craig Taylor
- The English Army at the Battle and its Commanders by Professor Anne Curry and Dr Malcolm Mercer
- The Battlefield by Dr Tim Sutherland
- The French Prisoners by Dr Réme Ambühl
- War Widows by Dr Rowena E. Archer
- Henry V and London by Professor Caroline M. Barron
- Shakespeare and the Historians: the Writing of Henry V by Professor Ros King
- Olivier's Henry V (1944). How a Movie Defined the Image of the Battle of Agincourt for Generations by Robert C. Woosnam Savage
- Agincourt Music by Professor David Owen Norris
Publisher: Yale University Press
Editor: Anne Curry & Malcolm Mercer
Date: October 2015
How do I return my order?
To initiate the returns process, contact the Royal Armouries retail team using the contact details in the footer of this website. We will then issue you with a returns confirmation number, which we ask you to keep a note of and include with the returned items. Once we have received the returned items, we will begin the refund process, taking into consideration the condition of the returned products.